Saturday 5 March 2011

Research on Different Paper Artist

I am going look at different artist’s work for inspiration. I will focus on their unique quality and will consider them when creating my final design.

Richard Sweeney

What I admin about Richard Sweeney work is the way that he forms strong repetitive designs. When making my final outcome it would be wise to focus on Richard Sweeney’s work. Photography is very important as it captures interesting shadows formed from the repetitive shapes.


Peter Callesen

This is Peter Callesen work. What I like about his work is the way that he uses the cut off and involves them back into the overall design. I feel that there is not too much repetition in his work but it is very useful to see how he creates them skeletons


Ingrid Siliakus

What I admire about Ingrid Siliakus work is the way her designs are based on a pop-up mechanism. For example most of her designs will be used on a paper folded in half so that the base fold becomes a part of the design. This may become a good idea for my final piece as I will be creating a rib cage like image focusing on simplicity.


Chris Natrop

Below are images from Chris Natrop designs. What I like about these designs is there attention to detail. Also another good aspect that I can annotate about Chris’s work is the lighting effect. As there are many clear parts in his design the lighting and shadows become a piece of art itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment