Thursday 10 March 2011

A 'dash' of Idea's

Rib Cage Design

For this design I have focused on the human rib cage structure and here is my out come. I started off with a smaller piece at the top and when back to normal further down. I feel that this design would work better if it was upside down as the rib cage starts off wide and goes narrow.



Make that another Rib cage design to go!

This is one of my better designs. I constructed this design by cutting slots and twisting them over to form the curve shape. I then used the other strip of card to fix it on. What I admire mostly of this this design is the shadows that it forms. They really are just beautiful.




Spinal Cord Design

I decided to try a different bone structure so I picked the spinal cord. The way I constructed this by cutting slots either side of the paper leaving just a strip in the middle and curving the slots in connecting them using the same method as the previous rib cage design.




Rib Cage Design x3

Yet again here is another rib cage design. I don't really like this design because it doesn't really work with the structure.





Rib Cage Design x4

This is one of my better designs. I took the simple shape created four in total and then combined them together to see the form it reveals. I feel that I can take this design to the next stage.




No comments:

Post a Comment